GLASGOW PRESBYTARIAN CATHEDRAL

Lanarkshire, Scotland

Glasgow Presbytarian Cathedral, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Full dedication: Cathedral Church of St. Mary
Became a Cathedral in 1870

Another of George Gilbert Scott's Cathedrals, this one was completed in 1870/71 and replaced the former Cathedral of St. Mungo's which nominally operates today as the Protestant Cathedral whilst St. Mary's is the Presbytarian one. The spire was added 20 years after the Cathedral was completed.  It stands in Kelvingrove, a suburb of Glasgow near the Kelvin River, just off the Great Western Road.

Photo - Andrew J. Müller

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc...

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page


© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller, Roy Barton
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller
2009


Go to Home PagespaceGo to Andrew J. MullerspaceGo to Roy BartonspaceGo to Shaun RunhamspaceGo to Writing
Go to Castles of the UK and IrelandspaceGo to Castles of EuropespaceGo to Churches, Cathedrals, Abbeys etc.spaceGo to Travel PagesspaceGo to The Gallery